Thursday, February 28, 2008

Friendships


So, lately I've been thinking about my friends and how much they effect me. There are different people in my life who make me feel different things, who I learn from, and those I just really enjoy being around.The past week and a few days, I was recovering from having my wisdom teeth out, yeah, I know, why did I wait so long? Anyways...I had a lot of time to think and ponder. That could be good or bad...you never know with me. I also had time to make a few cards to send a few special people the cards I made. The first card I made for my best friend, Liz. She is great. She has always been there for me and I try to return the favor. I feel she deserves great things and sometimes I feel bad because I don't feel she feels this way about herself. When I came up with this card, I thought of her. Letting her know to "emrace life" I used groovy guava and purely pomegranate card stock. I also embossed the "embrace life" and added ribbon I got at Michaels.
For the next card, I was inspired by my friend, Angie. Every time I see Tinker Bell, I think of her. So when I saw this paper and stickers at Michaels, I had to get it and come up with something to make for her. Hopefully she has already received the card! I met Angie at Nicole's and thought she was great from the get go. As I got to know her, I realized we had a lot in common and she was easy to talk to. I miss hanging out with her, sipping wine and just talking about anything and everything!
The 3rd card I made for my friend, Nicole. I just got this "Friendship Blooms" stamp set from Stampin' Up! I used some card stock I had in my stash and some of the Tinker Bell paper.
The last card I made for my friend, Tina. This was a gradual friendship:o) When we started hanging around each other more, we had a lot of fun! Then we shared stories and experiences and it blossomed into a beautiful friendship. I used the same stamp set as Nicole's, but just changed everything.
I've met a lot of other people that have touched me in some way, good and bad. And I've learned a little something from each experience. I'm thankful to each and everyone of them. That's all for today.




3 comments:

Angie said...

Hey there Julie! I did get the card, yesterday actually. Thank you so much! I do like it, even if it's stickers and not stamps! Lol! I miss you.

Angie said...

It's been a month since this post (almost). So post something new, I know you've got something. I just got a beautiful card from you for Easter! THANKS! I didn't get Easter cards out this year, maybe next year...

Angie said...

I tagged you! Go see my blog...