Monday, March 9, 2009

My Myspace blog

What the Bible says about tattoos

Okay...this one always gets thrown at me for obvious reasons. So this is what I think about it. In Leviticus 19:28 it says: You shall not make cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo marks on you: I am the Lord. How it reads to me is that I shouldn't tattoo "I am the Lord" on my body. I mean, what about piercings? And then there is my favorite, Leviticus 19:19 which says: Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you. Has everyone checked their labels. I myself wear cotton, but sometimes the dressier outfits are mixed linen. So do we question the people that wear mixed linens or would they be offended? Hmmm...I know that I pray to God everyday, I ask Him forgiveness throughout the day, and He is the only one that can judge me. I wish people wouldn't be so judgemental. If people would take the time to know me, they would know where my heart is and what I believe. That's my rant for today. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I've heard the same arguments. And what about what it says in James (third chapter I think) about NOT judging others??? See, you're right. They need to think what they wan to think, but keep it to themselves and then go ask God about it.